This Attorney is Lead Counsel Verified. Click here for more Information.


Immigration and Nationality Law


Call us for a free initial consultation:

(909) 378-0318

Copyright 2017. Law Office of Carlo Borja. Disclaimer

Carlo Franco L. Borja is a licensed attorney in California and is authorized to represent clients in immigration matters nationwide. Based in Southern California, the immigration law firm serves clients mainly in Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Bernardino County and Riverside County including, but not limited to: Agoura Hills, Alhambra, Arcadia, Artesia, Avalon, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Calabasas, Carson, Cerritos, Claremont, Commerce, Culver City, Diamond Bar, Downey, Duarte, Eagle Rock, El Monte, El Segundo, Gardena, Glendale, Glendora, Hawaiian Gardens, Hawthorne, Huntington Park, Industry, Inglewood, Irwindale, La Habra, La Mirada, La Puente, La Verne, Lakewood, Lancaster, Lawndale, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Lynwood, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Monrovia, Montebello, Monterey Park, Norwalk, Palmdale, Palos Verdes, Paramount, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Pomona, Redondo Beach, Rosemead, San Dimas, San Fernando, San Gabriel, San Marino, Santa Clarita, Santa Fe Springs, Santa Monica, Temple City, Torrance, Vernon, Walnut, West Covina, Hollywood, Westlake Village, Whittier, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Laguna Beach, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Santa Ana, Stanton, Tustin, Westminster, Adelanto, Chino, Chino Hills, Colton, Fontana, Hesperia, Highland, Loma Linda, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Rialto, San Bernardino, Upland, Victorville, Corona, Eastvale, Hemet, Indio, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Moreno Valley. Murrieta, Norco, Perris, Palm Springs, Riverside, Temecula and surrounding areas. Filipino Immigration lawyer representing clients in all US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. 
Fiance(e) Visa
A U.S. citizen may file a petition for his or her fiancé(e) to obtain a K-1 visa so the latter may travel to the U.S. and marry the U.S. citizen within 90 days of arrival. Both the U.S. citizen and the K-1 visa applicant should be legally free to marry at the time the petition is filed and must remain so thereafter.  Among other requirements, the U.S. citizen and K-1 visa applicant must have met in person within the last two years but USCIS may grant an exception to this requirement such as when the U.S. citizen would suffer extreme hardship from personally meeting the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), or if it is contrary in the U.S. citizen’s or K-1 visa applicant’s culture for a man and woman to meet before marriage. Minor children of the fiancé(e) may apply for K2 visas based on the same approved petition. 
Upon getting married to the U.S. citizen sponsor, the foreign national fiancé(e) and his or her minor children may then be eligible to apply for a green card by filing an adjustment of status application.
If you are a U.S. citizen who intends to sponsor your foreign national fiancé(e) for a K-1 visa and have him or her obtain a green card after you marry in the U.S., the Law Office of Carlo Borja can assist and guide you throughout the process so feel free to contact our office.